Do you want to start your journey to become a Life Coach?
Title of program
Balance Life Coach Course.
Nico Liebenberg, MA (Psychology), a Life- & Executive Coach and creator of the online Balance4Facilitators coaching system presents a training program for people who want to start their journey to become Balance Life Coaches.
Program vision and goals
The ultimate vision of this training is to equip people with fundamental knowledge of coaching.
Many people do this training, not to become Balance Life Coaches, but for self-development. This course lends itself to bring about huge personal growth and transformation.
Who can benefit from this training?
- Psychologists, Social Workers, Therapists, Counselors, and Practitioners in the people helping industry who want to become Balance Life Coaches.
- HR and Training people who want to increase their people development skills.
- Corporate and Business Leaders who want to develop coaching skills to assist them in their mentoring relationships.
- Clergy who do coaching and mentoring (discipling) at their churches.
- Health Care Workers who wants to expand their range of skills in working with people.
- Teachers and lecturers who consider a career in coaching.
- People in their 40’s and older who are transitioning from being successful to being significant.
- People who need to do re-skilling.
- People who want to pursue a career in Life Coaching.
- People who want to develop themselves or release more of their own potential.
- Adventurous people who intuitively know they should do this training.
Introducing the lecturer, Nico Liebenberg
A story written by Nicole Liebenberg, Nico’s daughter, about her family.
The structure of the course
This course consists of the following:
- Classroom training.
- Giving life coaching to 2 volunteer clients.
1. Classroom training sessions
In total there are 16 training sessions:
- 8 x Two and a half hour sessions every Wednesday, 18h00-20h30.
- 8 x Four hour sessions every Saturday, 8h00-12h00
In total every student undergo 5 mentoring sessions during the period of the course with Nico Liebenberg, 1-hour/session.
3. Giving life coaching
Students sign up 2 volunteer clients and coach them for at least 6 sessions.
4. Access to the digital manual
Students have full access to the digital manual. The digital manual is packed with coaching articles and training videos.
5. Additional notes
- All engagements mentioned above are compulsory.
- Debbie Jones (Nico’s Personal Assistant) schedules mentoring sessions for students.
The training modules
Module 1: Coaching introduction
- Introduction to become a Balance Life Coach
- Prescribed book for the course: Tattoos on the heart: The power of boundless compassion – Gregory Boyle
- Your life is not an experiment
- How NOT to do coaching?
- How coaching works?
- When the student is ready the teacher will appear
- Three levels of knowledge
- A coach’s focus
Module 2: What is coaching?
- What is coaching?
- Types of coaching
- The coaching industry
- Seeing your coaching clients
Module 3: Definitions of coaching
- Definitions of coaching 1
- Definitions of coaching 2
- Definitions of coaching 3
- Coaching is a mutually chosen helping relationship
- Coaching is a meaningful conversation
Module 4: Coaching and other people helping efforts
- Coaching and other people helping efforts
- Coaching and counseling
- Coaching and therapy
- Coaching and consulting
- Coaching and mentoring
- Living in the now
Module 5: Coaching, change, and paradigms
- Coaching, change, and paradigms
- The map and the territory
- The givenness in life
- Paradigm shifts
Module 6: Coaching and who man is?
- Man in context
- The mind draws distinctions
- The essence of life is love
Module 7: Coaching and the Johari’s window
- Coaching and Johari’s Window
- Dealing with feedback
- Feedback, self-disclosure, and revelation
Module 8: Coaching and the two trees
- The paradigm of the two trees
- Man’s soul and spirit
- Man in 4 quadrants
- Life comes from spirit
Module 9: Nico Liebenberg’s definition of coaching
- Nico’s definition of coaching
- Mutually chosen helping relationships
- Our process of becoming
- Meaningful conversations
- Coaching tools
Module 10: The helping relationship
- Discerning the spirit
- Empathy is cognition, more than emotion
- Let the butterfly wrestle
- Learn compassion from the horse whisperer
- We suffer one another
- Congruence balances unconditional positive regard
- Helping relationships grow people
- Self-compassion is embracing all of you
Module 11: Coaching and meaningful conversations
- Your purpose is given to serve a certain group of people
- The elements of a meaningful conversation
- Body language and bracketing in meaningful conversations
- ‘Reading’ your client
Module 12: Coaching and the reflective space
- The comfort zone
- The coach as mirror
- The reflective space in a meaningful conversation
- We need to think about our own thinking
- The reflective space is a love space
- Conviction vs condemnation
- The reflective space is an expectant space
- The reflective space is a pregnant space
- The reflective space is a discovery space
- People need love more than knowledge
- Make it easy for your client to enter the reflective space
- The reflective space facilitates our process of becoming
Module 13: Being present in coaching
- Being present: Introduction
- The past, present, and future
- Coaching focuses us on the here and now
- Knowledge of the truth
- Balancing paradoxes in our minds
- What is truth? Or, who is it?
- Knowledge of the truth sets us free
- How to still our minds to be present?
- Contemplation and meditation to still our minds
- Bracketing helps us be present
- Don’t be afraid to wrestle with God
Module 14: Coaching and listening
- The context to really listen
- The context for coaching
- Listening intentionally
- Theories that explain human behavior
- Layers to listen to
- Listening to the deeper layers
- Listening to silence
- To whom do we listen in coaching?
Module 15: Coaching and asking questions
- Asking questions: Introduction
- Setting hypotheses for asking questions
- Types of questions we ask in coaching
- Linear and circular thinking
- The circular paradigm
- The cloak of humility
- Humility, our true self, and false self
- The miracle is in the process
Module 16: Coaching and identity
- You have to know who you are
- Your purpose is God-designed
- Discovering your personal purpose is a process
- Potential on an inter-personal level
- Potential on a personal level
- The theory of identity
- The gift of the helping relationship
- Why identity is fundamental?
Module 17: Coaching and purpose in life
- Coaching clients want to know their purpose in life
- The act of creation starts with purpose
- Being, doing, and having
- Your purpose is universal and unique
- Purpose is beingness
- Let it go
- You are worthy to earn this life of yours
- Love people to wholeness
- The purpose of mothers and fathers
The workshop modules
During the workshops students are taught how to use different coaching tools. The following coaching tools are taught:
Coaching Tool 1: Client needs analysis and expectation clarification (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool used by a Coach to facilitate the assessment of a client’s coaching needs. Usually during the first coaching session. A coaching tool often used in different types of coaching.
Coaching Tool 2: Temperaments of the 16 Personalities (Similar to MBTI and 4 temperaments, i.e. sanguine, melancholic, etc.).
A coaching tool used to assess and give feedback to a client about his/her temperament. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 3: The 16 Personalities (Similar to MBTI).
A coaching tool to assess and give feedback to a client about his/her personality. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Team Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 4: Personal Purpose Assessment (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool to assist a client in understanding and developing a deeper understanding of his/her purpose in life. It also includes a template to write a client’s personal purpose statement. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 5: 360 Feedback: Letter from Important Others (Questionnaires).
A coaching tool that facilitates a process for a client to receive feedback from important people in his/her life. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Access to the digital manual
Students have lifetime access to the digital manual with teaching videos of all the Master Classes and coaching demonstrations.
Requirements for registration
There are no formal requirements for registration.
Informal requirements are:
- It will definitely help if you have a passion to help people grow.
- Love for yourself and other people.
- Willingness to engage with this personal journey of transformation.
- Commitment to the process of your becoming.
- Tolerance for the Christian world-view.
Students can register with COMENSA – Coaches and Mentors of SA as Student Members. It remains the student’s responsibility to register at COMENSA.
The medium of instruction is English.
Students receive a certificate for attending the course.
The course starts Wednesday 15 January and runs till Saturday 7 March 2020.
The venue will be confirmed with students. The venue is in the east of Pretoria.
Cost of the program
- R 17,000 per person, if 12 students register.
- R 16,000 per person, if 13 students register.
- R 15,000 per person, if 14 or more students register.
Terms and conditions
A 50% deposit (R 8,500) is payable at registration.
The balance is paid in 3 monthly instalments (R 2,833/month).
- Students who withdraw from the program after they have paid their deposit will forfeit their deposit.
- Students receive an invoice the last Friday of every month.
- Invoices are paid the end of every month.
Want to register?
Contact Debbie Jones at +27 (0)82 522 1841 or complete the contact form below and we will contact you.