Do you want to start your journey to become a Life Coach?
Title of program
Full-time Balance Life Coach Course.
Nico Liebenberg, MA (Psychology), a Life- & Executive Coach and creator of the online Balance4Facilitators coaching system presents a training program for people who want to start their journey to become Balance Life Coaches.
Program vision and goals
The ultimate vision of this online training is to equip people with fundamental knowledge of coaching.
Many people do this training, not to become Balance Life Coaches, but for self-development. This course lends itself to bring about huge personal growth and transformation.
Who can benefit from this training?
- Psychologists, Social Workers, Therapists, Counselors and Practitioners in the people helping industry.
- HR and Training people.
- Corporate and Business Leaders.
- Health Care Workers.
- Teachers and lecturers.
- People in their 40’s and older who are transitioning from being successful to being significant.
- People who want to develop themselves or release more of their own potential.
- Adventurous people who intuitively know they should do this training.
Introducing the lecturer, Nico Liebenberg
A story written by Nicole Liebenberg, Nico’s daughter, about her family.
The structure of the course
This course consists of the following engagements:
- Master Classes. In total there are 24 training sessions on Wednesdays 18h00-20h00
- Coaching Demonstrations. In total there are 9 workshops on Saturdays 8h00-11h00, once a month during which a coaching demonstration will be delivered.
- Giving Life Coaching. Each student will give 11 life coaching sessions to two volunteer clients. In total 22 life coaching sessions in a one year period. A life coaching session is 1-hour/session. Students should recruit their own two volunteer clients and do the coaching on their own pace.
- Mentoring. Each student receives 5 mentoring sessions with Nico Liebenberg, 1-hour/session.
- Receiving Life Coaching. Each student receives 5 life coaching sessions with Koos Franck, 1-hour/session.
- Socials. In total there are 2 socials, the last day of the first and second term.
Important notes on the above engagements
- None of the above-mentioned engagements happen during school holidays.
- All engagements are compulsory.
- Debbie Jones (Nico’s Personal Assistant) schedules mentoring and coaching sessions for students.
- Mentoring and coaching sessions should be completed by the end of 2019. They are not transferable to 2020.
The training modules
Section 1: Coaching introduction
- Introduction to become a Balance Life Coach.
- Prescribed book for the course: Tattoos on the heart: The power of boundless compassion – Gregory Boyle.
- Your life is not an experiment.
- How NOT to do coaching?
- How coaching works?
- When the student is ready the teacher will appear.
- Three levels of knowledge.
- A coach’s focus.
Section 2: What is coaching?
- What is coaching?
- Types of coaching.
- The coaching industry.
- Seeing your coaching clients.
Section 3: Definitions of coaching
Section 4: Coaching And Other People Helping Efforts
- Coaching and other people helping efforts.
- Coaching and counseling.
- Coaching and therapy.
- Coaching and consulting.
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Living in the now.
Section 5: Coaching, change, and paradigms
- Coaching, change, and paradigms.
- The map and the territory.
- The givenness in life.
- Paradigm shifts.
Section 6: Coaching and who man is?
- Man in context.
- The mind draws distinctions.
- The essence of life is love.
Section 7: Coaching and the Johari’s window
- Coaching and Johari’s Window.
- Dealing with feedback.
- Feedback, self-disclosure, and revelation.
Section 8: Coaching and the two trees
- The paradigm of the two trees.
- Man’s soul and spirit.
- Man in 4 quadrants.
- Life comes from spirit.
Section 9: Nico Liebenberg’s definition of coaching
- Nico’s definition of coaching.
- Mutually chosen helping relationships.
- Our process of becoming.
- Meaningful conversations.
- Coaching tools.
Section 10: Relationship
- Love makes us blossom.
- Carl Rogers in 10 minutes.
- The 3 elements of relationship.
- Relationship as a way of being.
- The posture of a great coach.
- Brené Brown on empathy.
Section 11: The helping relationship
- Discerning the spirit.
- Empathy is cognition, more than emotion.
- Let the butterfly wrestle.
- Learn compassion from the horse whisperer.
- We suffer one another.
- Congruence balances unconditional positive regard.
- Helping relationships grow people.
- Self-compassion is embracing all of you.
Section 12: How to use Balance4Facilitators
- How to sign up for Balance4Facilitators?
- How to personalize Balance4Facilitators?
- How to add a client to Balance4Facilitators?
- How to send a message in Balance4Facilitators?
- How to take notes during coaching with Balance4Facilitators?
- How to set up an agreement in Balance4Facilitators?
- How to add coaching tools to Balance4Facilitators?
- How to design a coaching process in Balance4Facilitators?
Section 13: Coaching and meaningful conversations
- Your purpose is given to serve a certain group of people.
- The elements of a meaningful conversation.
- Body language and bracketing in meaningful conversations.
- ‘Reading’ your client.
Section 14: Coaching and the reflective space
- The comfort zone.
- The coach as mirror.
- The reflective space in a meaningful conversation.
- We need to think about our own thinking.
- The reflective space is a love space.
- Conviction vs condemnation.
- The reflective space is an expectant space.
- The reflective space is a pregnant space.
- The reflective space is a discovery space.
- People need love more than knowledge.
- Make it easy for your client to enter the reflective space.
- The reflective space facilitates our process of becoming.
Section 15: Being present in coaching
- Being present: Introduction.
- The past, present, and future.
- Coaching focuses us on the here and now.
- Knowledge of the truth.
- Balancing paradoxes in our minds.
- What is truth? Or, who is it?
- Knowledge of the truth sets us free.
- How to still our minds to be present?
- Contemplation and meditation to still our minds.
- Bracketing helps us be present.
- Don’t be afraid to wrestle with God.
Section 16: Coaching and listening
- The context to really listen.
- The context for coaching.
- Listening intentionally.
- Theories that explain human behavior.
- Layers to listen to.
- Listening to the deeper layers.
- Listening to silence.
- To whom do we listen in coaching?
Section 17: Coaching and asking questions
- Asking questions: Introduction.
- Setting hypotheses for asking questions.
- Types of questions we ask in coaching.
- Linear and circular thinking.
- The circular paradigm.
- The cloak of humility.
- Humility, our true self, and false self.
- The miracle is in the process.
Section 18: Reflections on the essence of coaching
- Living yourself is the best life to live.
- Coaches facilitate the process of becoming.
- Love helps us grow.
- Space in our togetherness.
- Stepping into the moment of another.
Section 19: Coaching and identity
- You have to know who you are.
- Your purpose is God-designed.
- Discovering your personal purpose is a process.
- Potential on an inter-personal level.
- Potential on a personal level.
- The theory of identity.
- The gift of the helping relationship.
- Why identity is fundamental?
Section 20: Coaching and purpose in life
- Coaching clients want to know their purpose in life.
- The act of creation starts with purpose.
- Being, doing, and having.
- Your purpose is universal and unique.
- Purpose is beingness.
- Let it go.
- You are worthy to earn this life of yours.
- Love people to wholeness.
- The purpose of mothers and fathers.
Section 21: Coaching and thinking frameworks
- Thinking frameworks live in a reflective space.
- Johari’s window as a thinking framework.
- Transactional analysis as a thinking framework.
- Cycles of addiction as a thinking framework.
- The 5 love languages a a thinking framework.
- Appreciative inquiry as a thinking framework.
- The coach as mirror.
Section 22: What makes coaching effective?
- The coach’s ability to develop relationship.
- The client’s readiness to change.
- The coach’s ability to ask great questions.
- Challenging acceptance.
- 360 degree feedback.
- The client’s support system.
The workshop modules
During the workshops students are taught how to use different coaching tools. The following coaching tools are taught:
Coaching Tool 1: Client needs analysis and expectation clarification (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool used by a Coach to facilitate the assessment of a client’s coaching needs. Usually during the first coaching session. A coaching tool often used in different types of coaching.
Coaching Tool 2: Making Significant Changes in Life (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool used by a Coach to facilitate the planning and implementation of needed and significant changes for clients. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 3: Temperaments of the 16 Personalities (Similar to MBTI and 4 temperaments, i.e. sanguine, melancholic, etc.).
A coaching tool used to assess and give feedback to a client about his/her temperament. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 4: The 16 Personalities (Similar to MBTI).
A coaching tool to assess and give feedback to a client about his/her personality. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Team Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 5: PersonalityMax.
A coaching tool to assess and give feedback to a client about temperament, personality, learning styles, multiple personalities, and brain hemisphere dominance. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Team Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 6: Personal Purpose Assessment (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool to assist a client in understanding and developing a deeper understanding of his/her purpose in life. It also includes a template to write a client’s personal purpose statement. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 7: Discover Your Purpose in 4 Contexts (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool to assist a client in understanding and developing a deeper understanding of his/her purpose in life. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 8: Work Value Clarification (Questionnaire).
A coaching tool to assist a client in assessing and understanding his/her fundamental work values. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Coaching Tool 9: 360 Feedback: Letter from Important Others (Questionnaires).
A coaching tool that facilitates a process for a client to receive feedback from important people in his/her life. A coaching tool often used in Life Coaching, Relationship Coaching, and Executive Coaching.
Access to the digital manual
Students have lifetime access to the digital manual with teaching videos of all the Master Classes and coaching demonstrations.
Dates of training
This is a one-year course, divided in 4 quarters by school holidays. Dates will be shared later this year.
The graduation ceremony takes place one week after the last master class.
Requirements for registration
There are no formal requirements for registration.
Informal requirements are:
- It will definitely help if you have a passion to help people grow.
- Love for yourself and other people.
- Willingness to engage with this personal journey of transformation.
- Commitment to the process of your becoming.
- Tolerance for the Christian world-view.
Students can register with COMENSA – Coaches and Mentors of SA as Student Members. It remains the student’s responsibility to register at COMENSA.
The medium of instruction is English.
This training for the full-time students is presented at Opikopi Guest House and Conference Venue, in Constantia Park, in the East of Pretoria.
Cost of the program
- R 25,350 per person, if 12 students register.
- R 24,360 per person, if 13 students register.
- R 22,040 per person, if 14 students register.
- R 21,830 per person, if 15 students register.
- R 20,620 per person, if 16 students register.
- R 19,740 per person, if 17 students register.
- R 18,860 per person, if 18 or more students register.
Terms and conditions
- A 20% deposit is payable at registration.
- The balance is paid in 6 monthly instalments.
- Students who withdraw from the program after they have paid their deposit will forfeit their deposit.
- Students receive an invoice the last Friday of every month.
- Invoices are paid the end of every month.
The Balance Life Coach Community
Students join the Balance Life Coach community on Facebook.
A video where Nico speaks on the fundamental importance of identity
To watch more of Nico’s videos click HERE
Want to register?
Contact Debbie Jones at +27 (0)82 522 1841 or complete the contact form below and we will contact you.